Thursday, 6 May 2010

A jolly good show

Probably by the time you read this it will be all over bar the shouting as far as the election of Her Majesty's next government goes. I trust that you have all done your research, and voted for whichever party has appealed most to your insurmountable prejudices on the day. It will be thrilling to find out who wins the coveted title of 'least popular man in Britain for the next four years (or less if you truly excel at being unpopular)'.

If you voted Tory I hope the money grubbing filthy foreigns don't get to take all the hard earned riches that you wanted to keep for just you and your children. If you voted Labour then I hope those filthy richers are forced to give up more of their money for the good of others and their children, including foreigns, or not including foreigns if you are one of the lifelong staunch Labour party supporters known as "Brown's Bigots". If you voted Lib Dem then I hope that the bigger kids stop beating you up behind the bike sheds and urinating in your backpack after the final bell, and that mummy doesn't insist on walking with you to school tomorrow and talking to the headmaster because that will just make it worse. If you voted Green then I hope the candidate remembers that the election was today.

After thinking it over I have decided that politics is a lot like the sewage system: an undeniably vital part of civilisation and yet one that I want to have as little to do with as possible, on account of all the shit.

2 comments:

  1. Your election prediction wasn't quite right. Some dick didn't quite win it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's a case of "Britain's least popular men". And the shouting went on for quite a long time.

    ReplyDelete