It is with some not insignificant hesitance that I recount my tale, for I know that it so defies belief that many will surely label me a madman and call for my removal to a psychiatric hospital in the interests of my own safety.
Still, even if incarceration awaits, my story must be told.
'Twas spring when the visitors came, from an ancient and long forgotten land across the waves.
I had taken the repulsively early train into the capitol of Freedom. Unusually, instead of finding myself sat by an old lady who could entertain me with tales of her disturbing medical history during the journey, the seat next to me was occupied by a businessman reading a ring binder full of notes on how to sell mortgages. This was not very stimulating and I was about to inform the gentleman concerned when he too apparently lost interest and exchanged his notes for a videogame in which he ran around shooting people. The journey passed quickly after that, for I enjoy watching the machinegunning of henchmen as much as the next seethingly angry frustrated young man who doesn't have a nationalist cause to fight for.
On arrival at my destination, I wondered around the station for a while, occupying my time by trying not to walk into the backs of old people when they stopped suddenly to read signs, think, suffer mini strokes or fill their incontinence pants. Reclining against a pillar during a lull in this fatiguing pursuit, I happened to look up and glimpse amongst the crowds something that chilled me to the bone. A figure was heading straight towards me, and on its face was a curious squinting leer.
It was mother and she had left her glasses in the car.
To be continued when I have had some bleeding sleep alright? Just don't push me ok, I'm this close to snapping.
Droid. You are wonderful. I am laughing to myself. With respect to your mother (it's a dangerous topic!), I too find it quite difficult to witness these parental foibles. I could list them all here, but I still have massive guilt and shame when it comes to my parents. I will get over it, I am sure, in one vicious swoop, which will be worse. Good luck! Deep breaths! Try to remember that she loves you and has come a long way to see you. And thanks for the recent blog comments.
ReplyDelete